After an entertaining goal-filled London derby, the Boleyn ground stadium will witness another exciting contest when West Ham host The Red Devils tomorrow for their FA Cup quarter final second leg.
Manchester United were brutally beaten over the weekend at White Hart Lane in a crippling 3:0 defeat against Tottenham, holding on till the 70th minute before they conceded 3 goals in quick succession and putting their hopes of next season’s Champions League in deep peril and also raising some doubts about Louis Van Gaal’s stay at Old Trafford.
Football Betting Facts
- This is the ninth time these sides have been drawn in the FA Cup – the previous eight have alternated between West Ham progressing twice and Manchester United progressing twice.
- The Red Devils have progressed the last two times they have faced West Ham in the FA Cup, meaning West Ham would go through if the sequence was to continue.
- Louis van Gaal’s side were eliminated at this stage last season by eventual FA Cup winners Arsenal.
- West Ham have reached the quarter-final stage of the FA Cup for the first time since 2011, when they were eliminated by eventual runners-up Stoke.
- The Hammers are currently having an average performance; their last 4 games in all competitions have all ended in draws.
- West Ham have scored at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 6 games in all competitions.
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last 10 home games in all competitions, they are also unbeaten in their last 5 FA Cup games.
- Manchester United are having a fluctuating form, they have won 2 of their last 6 games, drew 2 and lost 2 which includes the 3:0 heart break at white hart lane on Sunday.
- The Hammers are winless in their last 11 competitive meetings with Manchester United (D5 L6), their last victory was in a domestic cup quarter-final tie at Upton Park (League Cup in November 2010).
West Ham Team News
Bilic Is expected to retain his last line up as Carroll is expected to start upfront after his incredible hart trick in the London derby.
Manchester United Team News
Rooney is expected to be back in full training in 7-10 days’ time so he won’t be available for this match. Luke Shaw, Schweinsteiger and Will Keane are also still unavailable.
West Ham vs Manchester United Head-To-Head stats
The Red Devils have been superior against West Ham in recent games, they have won 3 of their last 6 games together. The last 3 games between these 2 teams have ended in a draw and none of the teams have scored above 1 goal in their last 3 meetings
Football Betting Predictions
This is a tight contest but West Ham seems to be in a better shape and in more favourable condition playing at home. West Ham are on an unbeaten run and are not goal shy like their opponents.
Best Bet: West Ham to win or draw @ 1.40
With West Ham’s goal scoring form, they’re likely to break United’s defence more than once in the game. You could also bet Over 1.5 goals @ 1.33